Xilisoft HD Video Converter is intended to transcode video files to other formats, and it has the main advantage of allowing high definition formats, up to 4K (3840x2160). The program has a nice and neat interface, which follows a logical workflow, consisting on basic steps such as selecting source files, picking an output format and converting the files. Since it is also very similar to those of other converters, it is appropriate for any user who has used this kind of application before.
Fortunately, the utility supports a wide range of both input and output formats. Likewise, it allows importing not only individual files but complete folders as well. Once a list is created, you can proceed to choose the output formats. It is a nice thing that you do not need to know much about technical elements like bitrate and screen ratio because there are output profiles conveniently classified according to the devices that support them. Not only that, you can simply pick a connected device and the program can send compatible video to it. Moreover, the tool also supports more sophisticated ways to do this; for example, you can enter the desired output size and the program calculates the required parameters. Finally, in my opinion, one of the major advantages of this application is that you can add various conversions profiles to the same source video. In addition, unlike many other video converters, this one opportunely allows using various conversion output settings in a single session.
All in all, Xilisoft HD Video Converter can do its job excellently. However, it has some limitations you should know about. For instance, you will probably miss some basic editing functions that are available on other tools of the same type. Similarly, it doesn’t support such sources as cameras, discs, disc images or video downloads.
- You can add various output profiles to the same source video file
- Various output profiles are allowed in a single conversion session
- It supports practically all video formats
- It allows converting HD video
- You can set an output file size and the program calculates the necessary bitrate
- It can convert video and send the output files to the specified devices
- It doesn’t support any kind of editing
- It doesn’t support such sources as cameras, discs, disc images or video downloads